Sunday, December 14, 2008

And We Go

I thought it fitting to start this blog on the day that I chose to.  Mainly because I do believe I finally have become who I truly desire to be, and because tonight will kick off the first of many very important choices I will make along my journey through life - and what better time to start blogging about one's life than when all the really FUN stuff is about to start happening?

I am going to try to follow at least some semblance of a format as I "blog my life" as far as what I intend to include within my blog.  The first thing that I am going to attempt to continuously do within my blog is to write down a scripture from my daily (as I have committed to a daily routine) reading of the Book of Mormon (at least 1 chapter a day).  Not saying that I am going to base my post that day around the scripture of choice, but simply something that helps keep me accountable on 2 fronts.  1) My daily reading and 2) My daily blogging.  I figure who better to hold me accountable for those 2 things than my friends (those whom will be reading this blog).  

Anywho, I believe I have rambled on long enough, and so in the interest of the sense of "today" I will pretend that "today" is indeed Saturday and not Sunday - so I will choose a scripture from Saturday's reading.

I hope ya'll enjoy my blog.. or don't.. it's really up to you.  But I am going to try to make this blog a window into my life - as I have learned over the years that my life is one of which very few (if any) people on this planet can understand.  So hey, why not come along for the journey and see if you can make sense of something I'm still trying to understand myself!

1 Nephi 13:9
"And also for the praise of the world do they destroy the saints of God, and bring them down into captivity."

(I may choose to expound upon the scripture I chose to quote in the future, for whatever reasons I may have to do so.. but for today, I will simply let it speak for itself.  :)  )

1 comment: