Sunday, December 14, 2008

Onward Christian Soldiers

1 Nephi 14:7
"For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of god, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other - either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds unto their being brought down into captivity, and also into destruction, both temporally and spiritually, according to the captivity of the devil, of which I have spoken."


Well, today, I did it.  Finally.  4 and a half years late, but better late than never.  I am now an Elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I have received the Melchizedek Priesthood.  There is no turning back now, my old life is now something that I can never revert back to, something that has helped develop me into the person I am today.  But that's all it is... a developing process (one that I honestly wish had not taken place, but it did, and all I can do is learn from it, no point asking "what if" questions.)  I am so blessed to have the parents that I have.  They are amazing examples to me of what it means to endure, to have faith, to rise from the ashes, to fight the good fight.  God certainly put me into this family for a reason.  His hand truly is apparent in all things, and I truly am thankful for His tender mercies and for never giving up on me.

I feel amazing.  This has been the best day of my life to this point.  I hope that there are still a handful of better days yet to come, and I am making a commitment to do everything I can do to allow God to work within me, to make those days happen, whenever they may.  I can't help but be reminded of my favorite scripture at this time:

Alma 7: 23-24
"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."


That is my personal motto for life.  I truly believe that a life that abides by the principles found in that scripture will be happy, successful, blessed, and fun! 

I also would like to thank all of my friends that have been amazing examples to me through these difficult years of my life.  I love you all and am so blessed to have the life that I have, to be surrounded by the people I am surrounded by.

2 comments: