Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Curveballs

2 Nephi 8:7-8
"Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart I have written my law, fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool.  But my righteousness shall be forever, and my salvation from generation to generation."

Life has a funny way of throwing curveballs at you.  I never really was that great at hitting curveballs with a baseball bat.. though I don't think God was really holding the bat with me while I was standing in the batter's box years ago.  But that's exactly what He is doing these days.  He is there with me every step of the way, walking side by side with me, helping me react to the changes in my life that come at me unexpectedly.  

All that He asks is that we remember Him in everything that we do, that we keep an open line of communication with Him, read His holy word, keep His commandments, and be good people.  Following those simple steps gives us the comfort, peace, and direction in our life that comes from God.  I hardly think that is too much to ask.  

So now as I go through the next few months of my life (I'm estimating now through spring) I will need prayers and friendship.  There's a lot on my plate, and I know that if I keep the Lord first in my life, I will see it through in the best manner possible.  So long as I'm receiving His direction, I will not falter, I will not fail.  The correct decision (or the best of many good choices) will be realized and made.  All it will take is faith and decisive action.  Time to make like Isaiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment