Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009!

2 Nephi 9:18
"But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever."

My goodness it's late, but I made a commitment, so here I am.

Today/Tonight was fun.  I finished the Doctrine and Covenants today, read every section alongside my father.  We started the morning my mother left for Brunei a few months ago, and finished this morning.  So that was good to accomplish before the new year.  

Work was good, but oh my goodness we had a lot of catering orders!  Who'd have thought that Chick-fil-A party trays were "the thing" for New Year's Eve parties this year?!

As for the "party" it was a lot of fun.  We invited the Lowe family over to share in the festivities since we were basically going to be doing the same things, just at our respective houses, so I figured why not combine the parties?  It turned out to be a great time.  We played an hilarious! game of Guesstures, then we watched the ball drop, and then we played some Rock Band until it got about that time to go.  After the Lowe family left my parents, my brother and I played our usual game of Rook, and it turned out like it usually does (sorry mom & dad!).

But mostly, I'm really glad that I got to know the Lowe family better tonight.  With brother Lowe being my bishop for 5 or so years while I was of highschool age, I've gotten to know them fairly well, but I wasn't necessarily as close to the family as I could've otherwise been.  They really are great people.  Hopefully our families can contiune to get closer as the years progress forward.

Well, i'm officially turning into a pumpkin at this point, so I will close my post here.

2009 Resolution: Turn my life over to God and put my trust in Him with all of my decisions (at least the major ones!).

No comments:

Post a Comment