Friday, March 13, 2009

Food For Thought

Alma 8:15
"Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou has been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst they first message from him."

Well, today was my last day at work until April 1st. It was nice to get to spend some time with Jordan and Beth after work, hanging out, laughing, eating, and just having a nice time of it. Had my plans still included moving to Utah, tonight would have been VERY different, emotionally, and all ways otherwise. I really do appreciate the friends I have, and the support group they have been to me for the last few months. I am going to miss them dearly for the next 2 weeks. I can only hope they will miss me as much. I do try to be a good friend, but what does that really mean?

The way in which I try to be a good friend to one person really doesn't differ from the ways in which I try to act towards all mankind. When I meet someone, I generally do so in the same smiling, coridal manner. So why is it that certain people seem to draw closer to me than others? I suppose that if all people reacted the same way to me I would either befriend everyone that I met, or I would not have any friends whatsoever. What draws two people close in a kinship or friendship relationship versus what doesn't create that bond puzzles me whenever I ponder on it. Is it pride on one or both sides? Is it a matching spirit? Is it a natural disinclination to trust? Is it physical attraction? There are so many different things that go into a first impression. Yet I honestly think that I carry myself the same way around everyone that I interact with. I'm not sure there is an answer.. but it's good food for thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment