Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break...

Alma 9:27-28
"And behold, he cmeth to redeem those who will be baptized unto repentance, through faith on his name.
Therefore, prepare ye the way of the Lord, for the time is at hand that all men shall reap a reward of their works, according to that which they have been - if they have been righteous they shall reap the salvation of their souls, according to the power and deliverance of Jesus Christ; and if they have been evil they shall reap the damnation of their souls, according to the power and captivation of the devil."

So, it's rare that events happen in my life before noon that are blog-worthy. And it's even rarer that I find myself needing to blog about them around noon for the reason that I won't be able to access a computer near the close of the day. But, today is such a day.

I was awoken this morning by my father telling me that we needed to go to the airport that moment, because I had to airport-list myself in person and that for some reason it could not be done via computer. So, I threw on sandals, my coat, and we took off. I got to the kiosk and attempted to list myself, when it told me that I needed to wait for someone to come assist me. Well that was certainly odd. When I finally got someone to help, they took me over to another computer and put my information in. Sure enough they gave me my faux boarding pass, but they told me that I needed to contact the government about something.. I later found out that he meant the TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Why did my Dad wake me up at 7:30am and rush me to the airport? Because apparently EVERYONE AND THEIR DOGS (seriously, I saw a dog at the airport..) are trying to get to Los Angeles this weekend. Something about it being spring break, and that airport happens to be the main trans-pacific airport.. oh and LA has beaches and what not for vacationing. Yeah.. we thought ahead REAL well on this one.. Well, we didn't make the flight, and upon checking other flights, non-reving to Los Angeles today or tomorrow doesn't look like it's going to happen.. at all. Why do we need to get to LA by Sunday night? Oh, just because our PAID tickets have us on a flight leaving LA at 11pm Sunday evening to Hong Kong. Really don't wanna miss that one.

So now we've realized the only way we're going to make it there is by purchasing $600 tickets each.. or going on a 21ish hour long road trip. After a brief, but careful, comparison of the respective prices of transportation given the immediacy of the trip, the Road Trip won. So I now am staring at a day-long drive with my dad to LA. And I'm running on 4 hours of sleep... NAP TIME. Then I'm off!

Back to the TSA thing.. I got home and looked up how to contact them about this frustrating occurrence, and apparently I can't call them. They are only reachable by email, and nothing comes back quicker than 30 days. So I'll just take care of this when I get back. But what is it one might ask?

If you are not able to print a boarding pass from an airline ticketing kiosk or from the Internet as a result of some type of action taken by Homeland Security; or you are denied or consistently delayed boarding; or a ticket agent called someone before handing you a boarding pass, please visit the Travel Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP) website.
Woot! I'm on the terrorist most wanted list! Maybe I should look into going to school in the Middle East. I hear Bin Laden's regime pays for your schooling if you sign up for a year or so. And those that have inside information on the United States get extra benefits!

2 comments: