Sunday, March 8, 2009

Awesome

Alma 3:27
"For every man receiveth wages of him whom he listeth to obey, and this according to the words of the spirit of prophecy; therefore let it be according to the truth."

Today was awesome! I had invited Maritza to come to church with me, and she had accepted the invite. So Garrett went by her house and had her follow him so that she wouldn't get lost. Garrett is such a stud! Well, they got there shortly before it started, and I am so glad because that gave a few people time enough to say hi and help to make Maritza feel welcome, which I know she appreciated. I also got the chance to give her a spanish copy of the Book of Mormon, which she dearly appreciated because her mother is hispanic, and she is looking forward to showing it (and probably giving it) to her mother. 

Today just so happened to be a fast and testimony meeting, and I was glad for that because I know the power of testimonies, and I was excited to see Maritza's reaction to it. I could tell that she was intently pondering on the things that my fellow singles ward members were testifying of, and I could tell that she was feeling the spirit more often than not when they were bearing their testimonies.

I also chose to bear my testimony today, as I have challenged myself to do so EVERY fast Sunday, and since I have made that commitment, I have not failed (I even bore my testimony up in Utah the week that I went to visit haha). I felt inspired to bear my testimony on two things, Eternal families, and modern day prophets. Both of which I have been pondering on a lot for the last month, and both of which are fairly new additions to my testimony. As I was bearing my testimony, I got an overwhelming feeling that what I was saying were exactly the things that Maritza needed to hear. It was wonderful, I felt the spirit so strongly. I asked her if she was willing to let me give her phone number and address to the missionaries, and she answered yes without hesitation. I could feel my spirit smiling. And during Elder's Quorum, I did just that. Hopefully that will lead to a wonderful thing in her life, her eternal life.

She really enjoyed Sunday School as well, which this year we are studying the Doctrine and Covenants. I could tell that she was truly soaking up all of the wonderful things we were discussing today about the restoration of the priesthood, and that she was happy to be learning new and exciting things. Unfortunately she could not stay for Relief Society because she had to take her mother to work, she really did want to stay though - she almost took me up on my offer to take her mother to work for her so that she could stay lol.

After church, I went over to Jordan's house to have a fun dinner with her, Beth, Savannah, and Jordan's family. It was a ton of fun as we hung out listening to music and singing along, and then we played Imaginiff afterwards until it was time to go. I really am going to miss my Chick-fil-A family. They mean the world to me. Though, I know that I am leaving for the right reasons. My education is something that I need to stop putting off, and I need to get on with it. And the only thing that should be worthy of interrupting that until I am done, is a mission.

I look forward to my upcoming life, and I look forward to trusting in the Lord to guide my path as I continue my journey through life. I dont' feel as though I am leaving everything behind me, but that I am seeking new people to add to my personal family (if you will) and new experiences to make me a better and stronger person. I pray for guidance each day, and I believe that with each passing day I learn to follow the promptings of the spirit more and more.

1 comment:

  1. =D
    i have a blog!!

    woot woot

    i had one before...myspace =P

    yes you have converted me at least in the sense of myspace to facebook lol ;)

    and I'm glad you enjoyed your sunday, i did as well!

    and....i'm about to enjoy my monday at wrk! yeah for us lol

    see you later greg!

    ReplyDelete