Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hearken!

Mosiah 27:24-26
"For, said he, I have repented of my sins, and have been redeemed of the Lord; behold I am born of the Spirit.
And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yes, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters;
And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God."

My heart cries out in thanksgiving for the power of the atonement. There is nothing worse in this mortality than the feeling of eternal guilt, for my heart has felt it. However, that feeling has led me to also understanding the joy of eternal forgiveness and happiness. 

"For behold this is my work and my glory; to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

There is no greater feeling that I can imagine, than coming to the realization that you have achieved Celestial Glory. I look forward to that day with earnestness. I yearn for it. Every fiber of my being aches for it. I no longer strive for righteousness out of fear of the alternative, for that can only carry you so far. 

But what I think most people miss in this life, is that God is cheering us on. How can we reject the aid and guidance of someone who is both omniscient and omnipotent? People constantly try to fight and wrestle with God, thinking that their decisions are better than what he would have for us. What an arrogant and prideful viewpoint! God's work and God's glory is to help us and guide us along the path to eternal life. Let him!

He is willing to open door after door for us, all we have to do is give him the opportunity to do so. Through prayer and scripture study, we develop our abilities to discern his counsel and his guidance. So why would we not participate in these things with an open heart and with true intent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment