Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mortality

Mosiah 25:24
"And they were called the people of God. And the Lord did pour out his Spirit upon them, and they were blessed, and propsered in the land."

I look out the window and I behold the eternities,
Though my eyes are not what they could be.
What do I behold? What is out there?
I would not be able to see it if it were not for thee.

My hands are busy here, always following commands,
Though slow at first, they eventually keep up pace.
Whom do they serve? Are they the hands of man?
They strive to do nothing but bring a smile to thy face.

Gibberish here, half-uttered words there,
Praise, slander, idleness, silence, they can evoke a tear.
Why so loud? Do they not all count?
Every spoken word should take into consideration thine ear.

Fleeting in, fleeting out, sometimes they stick,
Thinking of that, this can become, thinking not, never is so.
Can he not sense them? Are they not under control?
Through discipline, nothing but good thoughts can grow.

We once had a choice, to continue choosing or to not,
Two choices were presented, life eternal or otherwise.
Why would we go on not choosing? Why give in?
Our choices should be towards him, I do surmise.

No comments:

Post a Comment