Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conferece: Temples!

Alma 30:44
"But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; Will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

The final 2 sessions of Conference today were sublime. The morning session was, in my recollection, the greatest single session of conference that we've had in recent years. Uchtdorf's, Holland's and Monson's talks were all amazing, and the fact that they were all in the same session simply made the entire 2 hour session so powerful. It was the most fun I've ever had watching conference as well as I was surrounded by people that I love dearly. My mother was there, Abigail, Anthony, Chris and Jake all were there with me as we listened intently to the messages of the leaders of our church.

I am so glad that I have found a love for the living prophets, their words truly are the modern revelation that leads and guides this church, and keeps us safe in these turbulent times. These truly are the days prophesied of in the scriptures, the last days, the final dispensation of the fulness of times, the time to prepare the earth for Christ's second coming. I cannot think of a better man to lead Christ's church at this point in time than President Thomas S. Monson. I don't know what it is about him, but when he speaks I can't help but perk up and pay intent attention. I look forward to heeding the counsel that was repeated talk after talk today - that of increased temple attendance. I plan to couple that with finding a temple preparation class so that I can receive even more blessings from the temple through the holy and sacred ordinances that take place inside.

My life definitely is on the up and up, things seem to be working out for the better. The Lord certainly has a sense of humor with the way he has directed my life, but I certainly am not going to start complaining; He knows what's best.

1 comment:

  1. i say He does...

    he is moving you in a very....

    "fabulois" direction....lol ;)

    ReplyDelete