Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Alma 37:6-7
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."

Oh what a wonderful weekend. Abigail's parents and friends are absolutely wonderful people. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them. Even though I did not get much time to get to know them, it was enjoyable nonetheless. I foresee many more chess matches between her father and I! I am so glad that her family loves musicals and the such just as much as I do. Music is such a big part of my life, and it is comforting to find out that Abby was raised to love music just as much as I do (if not more!).  Going to her home branch was also a great experience. The people she grew up with are such wonderful people. I instantly felt welcome. In fact, I had a crazy experience there. We had a missionary by the name of Elder Christianson in our singles ward for about 5-6 months, and he transferred out not 2 weeks ago. Well who would you guess was there in the chapel playing the piano when we arrived? The very same elder that I had come to know and love! It was simply awesome!

I look forward to future plans. This really is getting me excited. The Lord certainly does have a greater plan for his children than we realize most of the time. I believe his plan for me is beginning to pan out and reach fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment