Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dream Big

2 Nephi 30:8
"And it shall come to pass that the Lord God shall commence his work among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, to bring about the restoration of his people upon the earth."

Well, for the first time in way too long (6, 7 years?), I went to the temple tonight and it was everything I hoped it would be.  I didn't get as much scripture study in as I would have liked because we were short on people, and it just didn't work out that way, but regardless, it was amazing.  Going there makes me want even more to partake of more of the blessings of the gospel and of the temple that I currently don't have.  Even if it turns out that the First Presidency decides that I can't serve a mission for my church, I believe that I will still get endowed as soon as possible. Honestly, I feel ready.  I'm no longer the boy that I used to be, I'm ready for the next stages of life, in every way, and progressing forward is the only way that I will grow both in spirituality and in character.  I can't wait for the day that going through the temple becomes as second nature as going to church.  Both will always be sacred, spiritual, and instructive things (to varying degrees obviously), but the comfortability with the culture of the temple, and the feelings that spill over from it into life, will be amazing.  Something that I hope to be able to draw strength from at any given time.

"And when you dream, dream big, as big as the ocean blue.
Cuz when you dream it might come true.
So when you dream, dream big."

I love that song, and it is so fitting with the way that I plan to tackle life.  In my mind, there is nothing in this life that is too much for me to take on.  Especially if I plan to succeed at anything I set my sights on, big or small.  I mean really, if you always take the easy route in life, if you always just take the course that presents itself, you'll never achieve anything that you would esteem of worth.  You will always be settling.  Your life will unfold infront of you without you really having much say in the matter, as opposed to you unfolding your own life in the ways in whicn you desire.

Much is the same with the gospel and righteous living.  If you always settle for just living in faith without taking much action in building up your own testimony, then the testimony you will be left with is that of those around you.  You will be buoyed up in the spirit only if those who are strong are near you.  However, once you have taken the gospel's truth into your own conscious thought, and figured out WHY truth is what it is... Once you begin striving to be stronger in the gospel each day, once you begin focusing on building your testimony as opposed to letting it simply flatline, that is when true strength will be realized and that's when you'll see your life blessed in ways you never thought imaginable.

Just like you can picture yourself in your dream job, driving your dream car, married to your dream spouse, with your dreamy future life...  So as well should you be able to see yourself in your dream "afterlife" and thusly be ever striving towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment