Monday, January 19, 2009

Wednesday

Tonight there were 2 passages that struck me to the point that I couldn't choose between them, so I chose both!

2 Nephi 28:4-6
"And they shall contend one with another; and their priests shall contend one with another, and they shall teach with their learning, and deny the Holy Ghost, which giveth utterance.
And they deny the power of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is no God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;
Behold, hearken ye unto my precept; if they shall say there is a miracle wrought by the hand of the Lord, believe it not; for this day he is not a God of miracles; he hath done his work."

2 Nephi 28:27-29
"Yea, wo be unto him that saith: We have received, and we need no more!
And in fine, wo unto all those who tremble, and are angry because of the truth of God!  For behold, he that is built upon the rock receiveth it with gladness; and he that is built upon a sandy foundation trembleth lest he shall fall.
Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!"

I grow more and more excited for Wednesday as each day passes.  It has been so long since I have felt the wonderous feelings that can be felt in the temple.  I can still remember going as a young adult, vividly.  I can still remember those feelings.  Nothing compares to them. Everything is clearer there, everything is easier to understand there, everything is more easily put into perspective there.  

There is so much in my life right now that seems to be confusing.  So much seems like such an important choice that could take my life down one path or the other, and once I'm commited to one path, it is impossible to reverse that path.  Just when these decisions seem to be rearing their heads, I feel myself desiring to take control and figure out what the best decisions are on my own accord, because they effect ME.  And this is precisely when I need to remember to include the Lord in my decision-making process.  I can not think that my timetable is better than His.  I can not think that I am wiser in my own life-choices than He is.  Is there anything more arrogant to think than that?  God knows what is best for me far more so than I do.  I need to continue taking it one day at a time, and continue including the Lord in all of my decisions, both life-changing and minute.  Taking life one step at a time is really the only way to do it.  And then when you look back at how your life has unfolded is the only way to really gain perspective on how it might unfold in the future.  And if you have included the Lord in your decisions day by day, how wonderful looking back on your life will be!

I pray for the strength to remember the Lord in all of my decisions, both big and small.  He truly loves me, and He wants what is best for me.  I guess I can trust in His omnisciense and omnipotence... until I gain those qualities at least.  =P

Ah, wednesday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment