Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Exciting News!

2 Nephi 29:9-11
"And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure.  And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."

So far so good.  I'm doing my daily stretches first thing when I wake up.  And I went ahead and started off with 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups in addition to my 25 jumping jacks each morning. That has really helped to get my day started, I can already feel the effects of it.  I feel more limber and less tense as the day goes on.  I think I just might keep this up! haha

Exciting news!  It looks as though I will be able to make both out of town trips this year that I have planned!  First, next weekend (superbowl weekend as it is commonly known) I will be in Utah visiting Rachel as well as some of my extended family (the Lombardis and whomever else I happen to run into whilst I'm there!).  I plan on doing temple work in the Salt Lake City Temple, since I'll be right there, I have a current temple reccomend (finally!) and I have never even been inside of that temple!  Oh I'm so excited!  

After that Rachel and I are planning to go see a play called "Thoroughly Modern Millie."  I have never heard of it, but I trust her taste so I'm sure it will be great.  After that, Jon Schmidt just happens to be performing at the Wilkinson at BYU, so I guess we'll have to go see him play!  Oh I can't wait!  Sunday, my Aunt Taunia is throwing a superbowl party, and Rachel and I have been invited, so I look forward to going to that, hopefully a good amount of my family will be there, I miss them so much.  I feel like I used to know my cousins so well, but since I haven't been to Utah in ages, we have unfortunately lost touch.  Not sure what the plans for monday are as of yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something.  I'm so looking forward to this trip, time really needs to speed up so it will be here already!

More exciting news!  From March 15th through March 29th, I will (hopefully, most likely?) be half way across the world in Brunei!  I am so looking forward to the experience of being in the Phillipines.  Travelling through whichever connecting cities we hit will be amazing as well!  But the most special part of the trip will be getting to spend time with my sister and her lovely family for the better part of 2 weeks.  I miss them so much, they are such wonderful people.  I look at her family and I hope and pray that my family, whenever I get to starting one, will be half as happy, righteous, and lovely as hers is.  That family truly is an inspiration to me.  I love you guys!  My camera is going to get a lot of love over there!

I thank the Lord each and every day for the wonderful people He has put into my life.  I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them and the guiding influence and light.  I love my family and those that are closest to me so much, I really do hope and pray that we all stay close and eternally connected in the world to come.  

3 comments:

  1. I'll let you know how Thoroughly Modern Millie is. I am going to see it tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to have you stay with us and joing us at our Super Bowl party. We are also celebrating five birthdays that Sunday..so it is a great time to come. I sure hope our chaos is not too much for you and Rachel. We tend to be a little vocal when all 30 of us get together. Looking forward to your visit. Taunia

    ReplyDelete