Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions

2 Nephi 10:23-25
"Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves - to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.
Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God, that ye may praise him through grace divine.  Amen."

Well it is officially one full day into the new year, 2009.  What changes will this new year bring to my life?  To the lives of those around me that I love dearly?  What new events will happen in the church that will forever shape the face of the world?  What can I do to make sure that when the Lord calls on me to help further His cause, I will be worthy and able to answer?  How can I better serve my fellow man this year than I did last year?  How can I make sure that I keep the routine I have begun that has helped shape my life in such a positive way?  What can I do to be a better influence (in a positive way) on my friends and those that come into contact with me?  How can I further magnify my callings in the church and make sure that I am "lifting where I stand" as we have been advised to do?  

When I think of new year's resolutions, that what comes to mind.  What do I need to do to better answer the question: before I pass from this mortal realm, "have I done everything I was supposed to do?"  I sure plan on the answer to that question being: "Yes"

I love you all, and I wish you a fruitful and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment