Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stand in Holy Places

2 Nephi 12:11
"And it shall come to pass that the lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day."

There's something that has been on my mind off and on for the last while.  It comes from something a dear friend of mine said to me a few months ago.  The basic jist of it is "if Christ came while you were doing that, would you be proud to be there?"  That really got me thinking about priorities in life.  What activities do I participate in throughout the course of my life that would be acceptable to Christ?  What do I do that might not be so acceptable?  Have I purposefully arranged my daily schedule to make room for the most important things (to the best of my abilities)?  Things like institute, family home evenings, temple trips, church meetings, etc  Or have I let the so called "importance" of my daily schedule prevent me from attending the things that will bring me the MOST happiness in my life (both in the short AND long term)?

And on that note, there are more questions that come to mind such as... Do I surround myself with people that share my same values and desires in life, or at least with people who respect me for my choices in life as opposed to those who might belittle me for doing things contrary to what they believe is right?  When I'm with my friends that do respect my life-choices, but don't share the same values, do I make sure that I uphold ALL of my standards?  Do I make sure that I exhibit every value a member of the church should demonstrate?  In EVERY choice that I make around them?  

Do I live every hour of my life not in fear of the Second Coming, but in anticipation and yearning for it?  Is that apparent by the choices I make?  Do I make those choices simply for the "image" of it?  Or do I do so because I honestly believe that is the way I should be living my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment