Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Charitable

Alma 56:47
"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them."

To me, that is true maturity.  The ability and desire to think of others first at all times and in all things.  What is the best way to over come my own bad attitude?  To do something selflessly for another person.  What is the best way to feel the spirit?  To serve in whatever capacity I am able to.  What is the true love of Christ?  Charity.  Unselfish, putting-others-first charity.  I say this again because it is the season.  That is what Christmas is all about.  Christ was the truest and best example of charity, and in order to receive His image on my countenance, that is what I must become, charitable.  To be mature and to grow into who my Father wants me to be, I must first become charitable.  That is the driving force behind tithing, behind the law of consecration, behind fast offerings, behind the bishop's storehouse, and so forth.  What is the best and quickest way to build up Zion?  Charity.  Please Lord, help me be charitable in all of my thoughts and actions.  My life means nothing if the only person I do good things for, the only person I ever think of, the person who occupies the majority of my life is me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment