Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Perspective

Alma 46:12
"And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it - In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children - and he fastened it upon the end of a pole."

My thoughts lately have been dominated by those of perspective.  Not only obtaining the "correct" perspective on things, but mainly on maintaining it.  There are a plethora of things that I have done in my life that I otherwise would not have if I had been successful at maintaining the perspective that I know to be true.  So many things happen throughout the course of an hour, a day, a week, that occupy your brain power that unless your life-perspective truly become a part of who you are so that you don't have to struggle to remember it and consciously apply it to every choice you make, then life will become a series of ups and downs, successes and failures.  

At least I have taken a step in the right direction and have finally rid myself of the grievous trap called apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment