Sunday, December 26, 2010

O Holy Night

Alma 57:21
"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them."

I had a wonderful Christmas this past day, full of wonderful time spent mainly at my parents' house, with the day beginning in Hamilton.  It is always wonderful to see so much family around me at one time and to enjoy a huge Christmas feast followed by family games.  The gifts that Abigail and I received were truly inspired.  The Christmas songbook will bring us much joy musically.  The biography of the prophet Thomas S. Monson is a much anticipated read as he is a wonderful man and such an inspirational servant of God.  The money we received which helped Abigail get a new (and working) phone and myself some important software which will help me with my thesis and with research at the graduate school level.  We were also given other gifts that are much appreciated and will be cherished as they contribute to our happiness and spiritual growth.  

But none of these gifts compare to the gift that God gave us 2000+ years ago.  His son, our Lord and savior.  Whom without we would be forever lost and bound by the eternal justice that sin brings upon us.  Thank you, Father.  Christ's birth truly was a holy night.  And I will be forever, eternally, grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment