Sunday, December 12, 2010

True Power

Alma 44:4
"Now ye see that this is the true faith of god; yes, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are faithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith."

I love the knowledge that the only person who can defeat me is myself.  Satan has now power over me if I do not give him the time and place to destroy me.  I need to do a better job of keeping my life so pure and clean that any attempt of Satan's to blemish my spirit is instantly noticable.  Being strong in the face of temptation is a wonderful thing, but how much more wonderful would it be to keep my life so pure that even temptation is a rare thing.  I believe that was part of Christ's strength while he was upon the earth.  He lived such a pure life that it was difficult for Satan to even find methods of tempting Christ that might reasonably have a chance of succeeding.  That's partly what it means to become like Christ, to become more than just this personage of flesh and bone that walks the earth.  To truly view myself as a son of God, Christ's brother, an heir to eternal glory and kingdoms.  With that knowledge, and the knowledge of what God wants me to do and how God wants me to act, what chance does Satan have?  Therein lies true power and true self-mastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment