Friday, December 24, 2010

Poker

Alma 55:31
"But behold, the Nephites were not slow to remember the Lord their God in this their time of affliction.  They could not be taken in their snares; yea, they would not partake of their wine..."

Satan loves making me feel hopeless and helpless.  But I love the saying that 'when you don't feel like praying, that is when you most need to pray.'  In times of affliction, when it feels the world is against me and I feel like there is nothing I can do, Satan wants nothing more than to make me feel abandoned.  But so long as I remember that God is always ready and willing to listen to my pleas and the desires of my heart, there is nothing that Satan can do that I cannot overcome.  I hold all of the trump cards and Satan can only hope to bluff me out of my chips.  There are times that I believe his lies, more often than I would like to admit.  But I know that if I remember that all he can do is bluff, there is no reason I should ever let him beat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment