Sunday, February 22, 2009

Abinadi

Mosiah 17:9
"Now Abinadi said unto him: I say unto you, I will not recall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true; and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that I have fallen into your hands."

Wow, what an amazing display of dedication to the gospel! Abinadi shows us all right there just how important the message that Christ lives truly is! It is so important that it outweighs the importance of our lives. I hope that I have enough faith in my beliefs that if my life were threatened, and I would be allowed to live only if I recounted my beliefs, that I would have the resoluteness to bear my testimony instead. I think I do, but I suppose one only knows the answer to that if they are put in that situation. 

I've often thought that it is more difficult to "live for your beliefs" than it is to "die for your beliefs." One is instantaneous, and the other takes your entire life. I suppose that choice is certainly a good representation of how importance it is to live our lives in preparation for the world to come as opposed to living for the current day. Here's to enduring to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment