Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Way Street

Omni 1:26
"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Oh so many paths in life, so many of them good, but which one is right? The most right.  Which one will bring me the MOST happiness? Which risks will pay off and which ones won't? Ah, as Amy said I really have come to the crossroads in life.  I am glad I have the direction of the Lord, but even now I need to humble myself to wait for the answers to these questions when HE is ready to let me know and not when I think that I should know.  That's the frustrating part, but I know that once I do receive the answers I am looking for, it will be far more decisive than it otherwise would have been, and therefore that much better and clearer.

The life I have led for the last year has brought me many blessings, and it has been wonderful. And now I am looking to break that routine, but hopefully I will be replacing it with an even better routine.  That's the scary part, but that's the part where the guidance of the Lord will have the most play. I just want to fastforward a month and a half and be done with it! Why can't life be so simple? 

Today I felt something in a way I've never felt it before. And then after work, a simple phone call took all of those feelings away. I don't doubt they will come back tomorrow, and that cycle will repeat itself for a long while to come. But it is something both wonderful and scary and exciting all at once. I can't help but smile and cry on the inside at the same time.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment