Wednesday, February 4, 2009

His will

Words of Mormon 1:7
"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."

Oh, that I could have that much faith in my own faith.  I think one of the things that holds us back the most in life is our own self doubt.  We don't believe that we really can do great things, whether it be spiritual based or temporal, and when we don't believe that, then we're right.  For example, if Moses didn't believe that he could actually part the Red Sea, he simply wouldn't have requested the Lord perform such a miracle through him. Such is the same with us.  If we don't believe that we can make the best choice in our life with His guidance, we won't really ask for His help. The Lord looks on our heart, and no matter what words we may say, if our heart isn't truly behind those words, they are for naught. Just think of all of the wonderful blessings and guidance the Lord is waiting to give us if we will just truly believe that He can and that He will! 

Thoughts like that are what make me really understand just how deep the Gospel goes, and how much it is a player in our every day lives.  From our thoughts, to our words, to our desires, to our basic instincts. But as I have grown in the Gospel lately, I have found out for myself that the more I give myself to the Lord (see the list within the last sentence) the more rewarded I have been, the more direction I have received in my life, the happier and more peaceful my life has become. The more guidance I have sought while not being impatient, the more guidance I have received, albeit on His time table.  Which really, His time table is the one that I should try to pattern my own time table after, so why should I get upset if things don't happen when I desire or expect them to?  I hope to think and understand in the same manner that God does, so why shouldn't I get used to that line of thinking now, and start now trying to understand an eternal perspective as opposed to a temporal one?  It seems like a daunting task, but it also seems worth taking it a day at a time trying to adjust to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment