Thursday, February 12, 2009

And Beyond

Mosiah 8:20
"O how marvelous are the works of the Lord, and how long doth he suffer with his people; yea, and how blind and impenetrable are the understandings of the children of men; for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that she should rule over them!"

Today was an awesome day! Work called me in to help for 3 hours because one of our employees was sick and could not wortk, so I got 3 hours of overtime pay in, which really just means that I have more money to spend on a certain someone at a future point in time, hehe. Afterwards I came home and got ready for institute. Institute tonight was extra special because my long-time best friend Craig accepted my invitation for him to come. It seemed as though he really enjoyed the lesson, and even enjoyed the three games of volleyball that he played afterwards, though we lost every game haha. Oh well, it was fun anyhow. 

Tonight's topic was on Celestial Marriage. I really can't wait to start making that progression. Though, really the progression starts now, with my own development. I didn't necessarily learn anything new tonight, but reaffirming words are always welcome, especially when they are about things that are near and dear to my heart. Working out my own worthiness and readiness for marriage is first and foremost on the progression towards that of Celestial Marriage, and ignoring that first step is the grossest offense I can make when it comes to my future wife. 

I really can't wait to start my married life, I feel ready emotionally and spiritually. Plus, as my adulthood habits begin forming, I can see where I could really use the help of a woman that just so happens to love me and is willing to deal with my faults and shortcomings (and I, hers.. though we'll keep that a secret, my future wife is perfect and always will be).  Though, all things in God's time. If things work out, they work out. If they don't, it's not the end of the world, and there will be someone else on down the road (not that I'm talking about anyone specifically at the moment, just talking).  I really need to try to have God's perspective on things and not my temporal, flawed perspective. I think if I can achieve that, life will make more sense and be more fulfilling and happier. It's a daunting task to think about, but I don't think that it is impossible with God's help and guidance.

I pray every night for direction in my life concerning this subject (as well as its intertwining with a possible upcoming mission). I just hope that I can receive inspiration from God one of these times, and then have the fortitude to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment