Saturday, February 7, 2009

Comfort

Mosiah 3:19
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

Playing the piano is so therapeutic for me. It brings such peace and joy to my soul. Maybe that's why I like playing Chopin so much. His music is so moving, so relaxing, so comforting. I could listen to his nocturnes, his waltzes, his mazurkas, his preludes, his polonaises, all of it, for hours on end and just feel amazing. When I play Chopin's music, I literally am in tune with the music, it just makes sense to me and I love it. 

I am so glad that I know the truth of things. That I don't have questions about the gospel as far as its basics are concerned. I look at the lifes of those around me and how confused and lost they seem on ocassion, not just as far as their life direction goes, but as to the purpose in life and whom they really are. It is so comforting and brings me such joy and happiness that I can sit back, reflect on my life, and literally see the hand of God in my life, and see His plan of happiness take action in my life. I just hope that I can live worthily of His presence in my life every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment