Friday, February 20, 2009

Luke Warm Feet

Mosiah 16:9
"He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

Today was fairly uneventful as far as most opinions would go. However, I began preparing for my talk on Sunday, and got a good 2 hours of research and typing done. So it is mostly finished, I think, we'll see what the next 2 days do to the current state of my talk. I am very excited to give this talk, despite the fact that it is the first talk I will have given in approximately a decade, and to top it off I am the final speaker... so I get all of the remaining time left over from the first 2 speakers.. go me! Though, I do not fear that I will be guided in what to say, as my mind has literally been pondering the topic ever since the moment I was asked to give this talk last week. I will pray for the Lord to impress me as far as what to say, and I do not doubt His ability to do so, or His desire. That being said, I don't have much time to prepare this talk. I work at 11am tomorrow and wont get home until 11:30pm or so, which means work will take up over 12 hours of my day. Additionally, I am going to the Grapevine Ward this Sunday, which means I have to get some sleep, especially since I am playing a musical number for their sacrament meeting! I think my solution to this will be to skip the Grapevine Ward's elders quorum meeting and use that extra hour or so to finalize my talk.. because I have to get to my ward early (as always) for choir practice!  There just are NOT enough hours in the day! I however do not doubt that I will make the necessary preparations, or that I will have the proper spirit with me as I speak to my singles ward. I truly do look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment