Sunday, February 1, 2009

Utah part 2

Jacob 7:12
"...wherefore, I know if there should be no atonement made all mankind must be lost."

Today was, simply put, awesome. Thoroughly Modern Millie was a thoroughly entertaining play, and was very, very long as well. Though it was well worth the time investment. Jon Schmidt was, simply amazing. He was funny, entertaining, and such a humble guy. I really enjoyed the way he went about his concert. He didn't draw the attention to himself as most performers do, but chose to direct our appreciation for music towards other people. In my estimation that is the sign of a truly humble person. He knows he's talented, he knows we know he's talented (we did after all pay money to see him perform), and thusly he knows that he has no need to draw any further attention to himself. I hope that I can develop that kind of humility. That is one quality that I do struggle with on a day to day basis. I suppose it comes from a lack of confidence for the most part, which means that the confidence that I do show every so often, isn't always so sincere. I suppose it will simply be a matter of time and prayer.

I am looking forward to tomorrow so much, I can not WAIT to see "music and the spoken word" as well as to join in the festivities at Taunia's house. I have not seen them in forever, and I really miss the close bond that I once had with the Lombardi family. They are wonderful people, I feel honored to have them as family. I am not sure how that Taunia and Trista truly understand how much them accompanying my family to California meant to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment