Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chopin

Mosiah 6:7
"And king Mosiah did cause his people that they should till the earth. And he also, himself, did till the earth, that thereby he might not become burdensome to his people, that he might do according to that which his father had done in all things. And there was no contention among all his people for the space of three years."

As I sit here and listen to Chopin's nocturnes, I can't help but wonder what is it about this music that inspires me and touches my soul. It relaxes me, clears my mind and my conscience, and just puts everything at ease. God has different ways of talking to His children, perhaps this is His way of getting to me. 

The Nocturnes that really get to me are:
#1 in B Flat Minor
#2 in E Flat Major
#3 in B Major
#7 in C Sharp Minor
#9 in B Major
#15 in F Minor
C Sharp Minor (Posthumous)

In a few days or so, a book with all of the sheet music to his nocturnes will be arriving. I am so completely excited to start playing these songs. The anticipation is nearly palpable. My piano practicing and playing is going to start sounding very repetitive as I pretty much am only learning Chopin and Jon Schmidt at the moment. Though, you'll find no complaints from me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment