Monday, February 23, 2009

Friendly Surmising

Mosiah 19:20
"And the king commanded them that they should not return; and they were angry with the king, and caused that he should suffer, even unto death by fire."

It's odd that as I am preparing to leave the area/state, those that I have been spending my time with here in the Grapevine/Colleyville/Lake Worth areas.. are getting far closer to me than at any other point in time previously.  I feel as though I am just now making close friendships with those that have seemingly been my good friends for the last little while. And not simply the sort of friends that you forget a couple of months after moving away either, but the type of friends that you remain close to for the entirety of your lives. Then again, maybe it's the prospect of me moving that is causing the bonds to be formed. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, but the correlation certainly is there. 

Maybe it's me. Maybe I am finally being the friend I always should have been because I'm trying to squeeze in time with friends that I might have been neglecting in the past? That would certainly follow a trail of logic. 

Also, on the topic of friends, I find it quite interesting that my best friends at this point in time are far younger than me. (24, 24, 21, 21, 20, 19, 19, 18, 17, 17 - averages out to 20 exactly).  Is there something to that? I really don't know. I've always considered myself comfortable with those in the older crowd of things (thanks to my family), but I always tend to find myself mingling more often with those of a younger generation. And if and when I do move to Utah, I don't see that necessarily changing. I'm not quite sure why this is, but it simply is.

No comments:

Post a Comment